Alan

I saw some settings in Acrobat itself (version 6, but 5 might have these too)
for Internet. You might try the setting that says to load the first page, then
do background loading. This may not help, but it's worth a try. They are under
Edit->Preferences, the Internet item. "Fast web view" is the one I'm thinking
of.

I tried moving some plugins as per that link, and it made a number of things
not work, or at least I'd have had to do a lot of work to make it function
again.

Vern