RE: Stopping a print in Windows XP ?

fixed

> I wish I knew also. I'm running XP, and for over a year now,
> whenever I
> print something, I have to go to the printers and faxes page
> and cancel
> all documents on my printer or else the same stuff will print
> again when I
> reboot.

I have had similar problems with the print queue's (but never printing
twice)

I use a TCP connected printer in one place and sometimes a domain managed
printer, which I do not have rights to.
It seems, if you fail to get a response on the spooler request AND you did
not have rights to begin with, it locks up, and also block others from using
the queue.

Sometimes cycling the windows print spooler will clear it out for me. A
batch file can do this.
I usually just reboot (after selecting cancel document).
This happens to me when I am doing "forms testing" at a client site.
Typically, I don't know their printers so I am using new drivers, etc.

Seems to be a lock closer to the hardware level causing all this.
It stinks.

Mark Villa