When we purchased one of our divisions, we inherited a Gateway laptop.
Turns
out that one of the swappable drives was bad. I called Gateway for a
price on a new one and was told that I would have to send the laptop in
for repair. I tried to explain that I was talking about the drive
itself, not the slot the drive went into. The lady I was talking to said
that Gateway could not sell me a drive and the laptop had to be sent in.

I did finally manage to get a drive for the machine and it is now
corporate policy to not let a Gateway into any of our 14 divisions.

Thanks,
Terry