From: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Date: 11/04/04 11:45:22
To: PCTech at Midrange
Subject: [PCTECH] "Bad" file

I have a file in one of the Temp directories that is causing me grief.  When
I try a complete system virus scan, it "sticks" on this file - millions of
reads show up in the task manager - but no actual I/O takes place.

The file will not delete - in fact Explorer hangs if I even click on it!

I guess a DOS window delete might work but the directory in question is
hidden so a CD doesn't seem to work and the directory structure is a very
long name to try and type in one go.

Scandisk doesn't seem to fix it so .....

Anyone got any suggestions.

Jon Paris
Partner400
www.Partner400.com