I agree with everything Adam is saying here.

With what he describes, the only reason you would want IP cop is for your 3
web browsing things you talked about earlier.  But, if you do want to do
those things, the entire game changes.

You put together a PC with 2 pci Ethernet boards that meet the requirenments
of IP Cop.  Purchase a hub or switch.  IP Cop AND hub/switch takes the place
of your current router.

Bob