From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of keith@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:45 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: RE: [PCTECH] Trying again - Windows XPPro "Security/UserSetup"
Question(s)

Chuck,

We have a very small number of users to support <100, and also have a mix
of Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional.  We generally
set up our users as having "Power Users" rights over their local
workstation.  We tried to use the more restrictive "User" setting, but too
many applications that we use would not function at that setting,
especially CAD software.

BTW, a word of caution, if you are setting up laptop users, consider
granting them Administrative rights to their machine.  Nothing as
unpleasant as a salesman or engineer calling from 8 time-zones away to
yell that he needs admin rights to install some new critical software
(such as for his new camera) that you didn't pre-install.

YMMV of course...

Keith Blazek
MIS Coordinator