I got this message today. I since there are quite a few users of IPCop
here, I figured I would post it here. I plan on installing it this
weekend sometime.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:05:19 +0100
Subject: [IPCop-user] ANNOUNCE: IPCop 1.4.0 Final Release!
To: ipcop-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ipcop-user@xxxxxxxxxxxx

IPCop users, and developers,

The IPCop team is proud to announce the Final 1.4.0 Release today !

IPCop Linux is a complete Linux distribution whose sole purpose is to
protect the networks on which it is installed.  It is extremely easy for
anyone to install and configure.  Frequently, the IPCop firewall can be
installed within 10 to 15 minutes.

Changes:
        Build system uses LFS (Linux from Scratch)
        New GUI

        New supported hardware includes:
                SCSI hardware
                PCMCIA hardware
                Speedtouch PPPoE
                AVM Fritz!DSL
                AVM Fritz!Card PCI 2.0
                Bewan st PCI and USB
                Conexant usb and PCI driver
                Eagle-usb driver
                Friztdsl
                Speedtouch usb PPPoE / bridged / routed IP (Rev 4.00 supported)
                Zyxel 630-11 driver
                3Com 3cp4218 driver
        New features include:
                Support ACPI
                Uni and Multi-processor systems
                SSP Stack Smashing Protection and libsafe
                Intrusion detection SNORT (for all interfaces)
                Traffic Shaping
                NTP Server on GREEN
                System graphs for CPU, Memory and disk
                BLUE interface for connecting Wireless AP's
                X.509 VPN support (including Roadwarrior support)
                Enhancements to DHCP and Hosts editing
                Enhancements to log viewing
        New supported languages include:
                Cesky
                Chinese
                Latin American Spanish
                Magyar
                Polski
                Portugu?s
                Portugu?s-Brasil
                Romanian
                Suomi
                Vietnamese
                Russkij
        New target platforms
                Digital Alpha (preliminary) - yes, IPCop runs on Alpha systems
                        as well as Intel ix86 machines. ISO available on
                        request to sense the need for this.

With this release, a new website has been launched on www.ipcop.org.
If you see any info missing, please register and contact us on the
ipcop-devel list and we will supply you with the correct permissions to
continue updating the website as you could with the old Twiki.
The IPCop team is grateful for your continued support and feedback
on this firewall.  We will try to make IPCop even easier to use in
the future for an increasing number of advanced tasks.

IPCop is available for download via SourceForge at

http://sf.net/projects/ipcop

MD5: c47e9544ea0984c1a8e43e5d3046c927  fcdsl-1.4.0-smp.tgz
MD5: 4689099f3c49284cbf6460bec6b2cb15  fcdsl-1.4.0.tgz
MD5: e02720e1306bf905dba797d54f8e22d5  ipcop-1.4.0.tar.gz
MD5: d8beec0956d943991690cee63786aad4  ipcop-1.4.0.iso

Additionally, there is a torrent available at

http://bitmover.com/~wscott/ipcop-1.4.0.iso.torrent

Please use the mailing lists appropriately. The ipcop-user list for
questions relating to using IPCop, and the ipcop-devel list for development
discussions. Use these lists first to isolate whether problems are bugs
or features, or just the way things are, before logging bugs into the
SourceForge bug tracker.

Enjoy,

The IPCop Team.

--
Mike Wills
Midrange Programmer/Lawson Administrator