From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:50 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Win2000 Symantec Fax Starter Edition problem

Chuck Lewis wrote:

>The first item in this link MIGHT be what you are after (?):
>
>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Symantec+Fax+Starter+Edition&;
>tnG=Google+Search

Chuck, thanks for your answer. I had already gone thru this link myself.
But re-reading it over again, I notice the following:

In the "Loading the Fax Service" part (after "The SFSE Account
Properties"),
"To print to the Fax Print Driver...", step 3:
Click Symantec Fax Starter Edition in the Printer Name list ...

As mentioned in my original post, in addition to my normal Printer
(EPSON), I also have a printer named "Fax" , which I did not create...
Guess Symantec created it. But no printer with Symantec name!
Do you have a printer named "Symantec Fax Starter Edition" ? What are
its Properties?

Same document, further down, in "Cannot Send or Receive a Fax after you
make a connection":
it points "Make sure the Symantec Fax Starter Edition printer driver is
available. Todo so:" ...
and if not, the it suggests to add a HP LasetJet III (???) , then  add
the Symantec component of Office2000 setup.
I did so, and the Symantec printer doesn't get created...
Any ideas how to get it correctly created?
I guess that's really the problem , but unless I'm able to recreate it,
will not be able to check it!

Thanks again,

--
Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti