I'm not afraid, I'm paranoid.  Luckily, I've got a big hard drive on MY PC
to help aleve my paranoia.  Typically if I'm going to do a reload I copy
the ENTIRE hard drive to a folder on my PC (files, programs,
Windows--everything).  Do the reload, copy stuff back, reload programs, and
then wait.  After about a month if it's not needed or asked for I don't
feel so bad about deleting the backup folder on my PC.

I also have nightly, weekly, and monthly backups scheduled on a server PC
to back up e-mail and files for everybody's individual PC's.  Did I mention
that I was paranoid?

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Bob Crothers

                      <bob2@cstoneindy.        To:       PC Technical
Discussion for iSeries Users
                      com>                      <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB

                      Sent by:                 cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      pctech-bounces@mi        Subject:  RE: [PCTECH] W98 to
W2K upgrades
                      drange.com

                      09/16/2004 08:43

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      PC Technical

                      Discussion for

                      iSeries Users

                      <pctech@midrange.

                      com>

Be afraid.....be very afraid.

I reloaded my wifes machine one time.  Told her "Copy EVERYTHING you think
you might want to keep into this folder".  Now mind you, my wife is pretty
much a power user.  Still a user, but pretty savy.  So she copied...and
copied.  Then said Ok.

So I formatted and reloaded.

She sat down and said "Where are my favorites?"  Crap.
Where is my address book?  Double Crap.

Guess the good thing is that 4 years later she wont let me near her
keyboard.  All I have to do is offer to help and that shuts her up.

Yes, I should have thought of these things.  But I don't reload PC's for a
living.  I just tell Dave to do that (Dave works for me).

My advice is till SHE is frustrated with the machine, leave it alone.

And oh yea.  I changed Cell Phone providers (Sprint to Verizon and still
glad I did it).  She is on my account.  So she got a new phone.  Big
mistake.

Bob

SE