From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dan Bale
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 1:30 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: RE: [PCTECH] W98 to W2K upgrades

LOL!

Usually the call I hear is a loud grunt in frustration.  My wife has been a
computer neophyte for almost ten years now.

On the other end of the scale is my 15-year old son.  Not afraid of anything
he does to a computer.  Gave him a throwaway (due to obsolesence at a
previous company) Compaq a few years ago, and he loaded up the 6GB faster
than I thought possible.  I tell him "do NOT install anything on MY pc
without MY EXPLICIT permission.  Do NOT change my desktop or settings.
Period."  (I can hear the BTDT's already!)  "But Dad, it's just Yahoo chat"
(substitute any one of thousands of downloadable titles.)  Or, one of my
favorites, "I just wanted to see if it does the same thing on your PC".
OTOH, he is the first person his teachers go to when they have a problem.  I
warn them.  He doesn't believe in reading instructions.

I rue the day I lost the key that locks the input devices.

db