Looks like both IBM and Symantec recommend waiting before upgrading to XP SP2... for different reasons.

From http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2004080212383739?Open or http://tinyurl.com/3zfco ...

"Symantec will release a product update to provide native support for the Windows Security Center status utility found in SP2. This update will be available worldwide over the coming weeks and will enable Symantec products to communicate their status to the Windows Security Center utility. Symantec encourages its customers to install the product update prior to installing SP2 in order to avoid incorrect reporting from Windows Security Center."

From http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5302346.html ...

"But IBM last week told employees to hold off installing SP2 until Big Blue can fully test and customize it. The company's technology department said the delay is "due to known application problems and incompatibility with IBM workstation applications."