Dave,

>Every tool has it's purpose.  That being said, there's still a difference
>between a screwdriver that you get at Home Depot vs. a screwdriver you get
>at the dollar store.

Which reminds me of a Beatle Bailey strip from a couple of very long time ago.
It was published near Christmas one year after it had been reported the Pentagon
paid absurd amounts for some common items like hammers and toilet seats.

In one frame, zero walks into Sarge's office with a hammer in each hand.  He
explains his folks had bought one at their local hardware store for $7 and sent
it to him for Xmas to save the Pentagon money.  He says he got the other one
from their storeroom, and the Army had paid $300 for it.  Zero claims the two
are identical.

Sarge explains that the Army's cost more because it works better, and offers to
prove it.  He says watch this.

The next few frames have Sarge tapping a nail into a board with repeated little
taps, and then he says now watch the Army hammer.  With one mighty WHAP he
drives another nail completely into the board.

As Zero walks away amazed the Army hammer really does work better, Sarge remarks
"The Pentagon doesn't know how much we cover for them..."  :)

Probably loses something in the translation, but at the time it was pretty
funny.

Doug