The other annoying thing that I understand about Frontpage is that it uses
Microsoft-only extensions, and to publish Frontpage-created websites on a
host, the host needs to support the FP extensions.  Not all hosts do this.
I stayed away from FP because of this.

If your friend is looking at FP as a visual HTML designer to create
something visually so that he can see the underlying HTML that gets
generated, he may find a lot of Microsoft-only stuff in it and might not be
able to discern what is Microsoft and what is normal HTML.

Walden and others with FP experience, please correct as necessary.

db