"Download Mozilla.  Seriously.

I downloaded both Mozilla & Firefox last week, using Firefox mostly, and
will not go back to IE unless I need to use Windows Update.

Otherwise, to answer your question, it's stored in the registry.  On my
Win2k box, I found my home page stored at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main under the
value
named "Start Page".  I also found it at
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1801674531-92384723428347923847823-1417\Software\Microso
ft\Internet Explorer\Main.

I'd also wonder if you should run a spybot & AV check.

db"

I did run Spybot and cleaned up couple of entries but I am still not able
to get to the options and change them.  I just confirmed a new thing also:
REGISTRY EDITING HAS BEEN DISABLED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR....

Peter Vidal