Your "H.O." is truly appreciated.  And you're right; the right thing to do
would be to just buy a new box.  Unfortunately, even $400 isn't in the
budget and hasn't been for awhile, still recovering from that last layoff.
Getting close though.

I have been paying attention to Dell.  They had a couple of killer deals
earlier this year that I couldn't get in on.  The $400 deals are usually
Celerons w/ 128MB of ram.  As I mentioned in my reply to Dave, I'm looking
at a TigerDirect deal that will beat the $400 Dell deal hand over fist for
half the cost.

That reminds me.  The minivan is due for about a $400 annual maintenance
checkup.  Have to replace the gutters on the house for $900 sometime this
summer.  <sigh>

db