I see what you mean now I tired it. I was not the one who gave you the link before. When I downloaded them I did them one at a time (from the security bulletins) and it allowed me to put them anyplace I wanted. I am not sure why it does it the way it does. Were I work now they have a subscription (it cost) to MicroSoft's TechNet (never heard of it before) here is a link to its patch management page
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/patch/default.mspx

Regards
John Ross

Chuck Lewis wrote:

From the catalog per YOUR kind direction a week or so I believe ? :-)

For instance for W2K Pro SP2 I ended up with a TON of stuff as follows:

C:\WU\Software\en\com_microsoft.internetexplorer50x

---- x86win2k

           ---- com_microsoft.Q318089_W2K_IE5_5218

C:\WU\Software\en\com_microsoft.internetexplorer6x

     ---- x86win2k

           ---- com_microsoft.813951_urlmon_5995

           ---- com_microsoft.Q318089_W2K_XP_IE6_5226

C:\WU\Software\en\com_microsoft.windows2000

     ---- x86win2k

           ---- com_microsoft.817787_WMZ_MSRC_1640_WMP71

           ---- com_microsoft.819696_nonDirectX_9_0B_CRITICAL

           ---- com_microsoft.Driver_Ver_W2K_3917