Hi Paul,

I am running Outlook and use a plug-in from SpamBayes
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ and it is an open source project.

"SpamBayes is an Outlook plug-in that provides a spam filter based on
statistical analysis of your personal mail. Unlike many other spam detection
systems, SpamBayes actually learns what you consider spam, and continually
adapts as both your regular email and spam patterns change.

When you first start Outlook after SpamBayes has been installed, the
SpamBayes Installation Wizard will appear. This Wizard will guide you
through the configuration process and allow you to quickly have SpamBayes
filtering your mail. This document contains additional information which
will help make SpamBayes effective from the first time you use it."

I've had great results with it. You start by telling Spambayes what it good
email and what is bad (just create a couple of folders (good and bad emails)
and then copy 10 or so emails of each kind into each folder). Then SpamBayes
runs against this and filters stuff into Definite Spam and Possible Spam so
you can always double check what it is doing. In the main Outlook window
there are buttons to Recover from Spam and Delete as Spam. Since it is a
Bayesian filter it get smarter as time goes on. I get HUNDREDS of Spam a day
and have been using this for around a year and it is GREAT - and free :-)

Good luck with whatever your choose. It is getting to be a nightmare :-)

Chuck