> I am going back to college and I need to by  a PDA for the
> basic business
> stuff ASAP: Windows, word, excel, email, handwriting
> capability and under
> $300.00.  I am getting close to a decision between the
> Hewlett Packard
> iPAQ Pocket PC PDA (Brand/Model: HP IPAQ1945) or  Dell Axim  X3...

My first recommendation would be to buy one that you've held in your
hand and played around with a little.  So, unless you know someone owns
one, that rules out the Axim X3.

I own an Axim X5 ... and it's pretty big & clunky, and given my
druthers, I would not get another one.

Make sure it has very sold, firm feeling, buttons & toggles (this rules
out the Axim X5).

I would advise getting one with a compact flash (CF) card slot ... as
most of the add-on's are CF format.  A secure digital memory card slot
would also be good.

> Last question:  I need to load an electronic Bible in it.
> Are ALL PDAs
> capable of accepting additional software in it?  Are this?

Any PDA worth having will allow you to load software on it.  There are a
number of religious texts in e-book format (I know for sure that I've
seen the bible [old & new version], Talmud, Koran, and the Sendmail
"Bat" book <grin>) plus some specialized apps of similar purpose.

david

--
David Gibbs
Sr. Software Engineer / R&D / MKS Software Inc., www.mks.com