I don't know what you know.  I do know you know a lot about networking.  I'm
looking for something simple that you might already know.  I know sometimes I
have learned something many years ago and should remember it but because I'm
too close to the situation I over look it.

In the Add User dialog box, type a user name (preferably a one-word name: for
example, type JDoe for John Doe), and then click Next. Type a password for the
user account, and then type the password again to verify it. You can also leave
the password boxes blank. The user name and password must be identical on the
computer that is running Windows XP and the computer that is running Windows
2000 Professional.

Since you had 2000 before I'm guessing you already know both machines must have
the same user/password.

Gary

> Gary Kuznitz wrote: > > To run NetBIOS over TCP/IP: > > Start, My Network
Places, View network connections, Local Area Connection, > > Properties,
Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)Properties, Advanced, Wins, Enable > > NetBios over
TCP/IP > > Yes, exactly. > > david > >