From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 8:48 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion For iSeries Users
Subject: [PCTECH] systemie.exe

Does anybody know anything about this file, "systemie.exe"?

The CEO has it on his home W2K PC in the WINNT\system32 directory.  I do not
find it on any W2K machine here in our office, nor on any XP machines.  What
happens is every time he wants to shut down, he gets "SYSTEMIE.EXE - DLL
initialization failed.  Failed because the windows station is shutting
down." It doesn't seem to cause a problem any other time.  The created and
modified dates on the file are both 12/13/03.

I've searched Google, Metacrawler, Jeeves, Microsoft, Symantec, with no
results in English.  The only page I found was on Microsoft,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/windows3x/winfile/w3
1y2kpl.asp

But I can't even determine what language it is, and it appears to be about
Win 3.1 anyway.

Any help greatly appreciated.

--
Jeff Crosby