Hi,

I could use some help with my daughter's PC.  She is at college and I think
she got a virus on her PC, because she didn't keep her anti-virus software
up to date but that is another story.  I talked her through what she had to
do to clean up the virus, but when she rebooted her PC she got Windows XP
error.  I tried to have her repair XP and then finally ended up having her
reinstall the software.  It is very tough to do trouble shooting over the
phone, I have a new found respect for help desk people.  That all worked
fine and she was able to get everything back up and running.  She used the
same userid and password as she used the first time, but it created a
Danielle.001 My Documents for her on the reinstall.  The only problem is
that she cannot access her old "My Documents" directory.  She is getting an
unauthorized to access directory error.  She is the administrator on her PC
and she was also on the first installation.  She set it up not to share any
of her information, so that friends could log-on and use her PC to check
their e-mail (using a guest account) but wouldn't be able to snoop on her
information.

I have had her try to change permission's, copy to new My Documents, etc.
and nothing works.  She keeps getting an unauthorized to directory error.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks,
Wes Thompson
iSeries System Programmer/Analyst