Ken,

Not trying to start a religious discussion here (but I fear we have), but it
still sounds like the fat man preaching about the evils of high calorie/high fat
diets while eating an ice cream cone!

And yes.  My firewall (IPCop) is based on a Linux derivative...but it is
packaged
so well, you don't have to actually know anything about Linux.  And I've
recently
loaded RH 8 into a virtual machine (using VMWare) for experimentation purposes.

A question: I'm new to the PCTECH list...is this discussion even appropriate
here
or should it be elsewhere?

Bob

PS: Until recently, I WAS that fat man I talk about!