Several months ago I posted a message regarding an exchange I had with a tech
support supervisor at Dell regarding not being able to understand their tech
support people, who had a very heavy Indian, Pakistani, etc. accent.  The
supervisor suggested that I might want to consider paying for Dell's Gold
support, to which I replied that it was rather insulting to pay for tech
support when I purchased the computer only to find out that if I want tech
support in my own language (English), I'd have to pay extra.

Someone who shall remain nameless passed along Michael Dell's email address to
me.  I emailed the tech support supervisor's comments to Mr. Dell.  Today I
received a phone call from his administrative assistant.  The main comment she
made was that the supervisor had been corrected and that the gold support put
you directly in touch with an MCSE rather than the "front line support".  She
said Dell had global support options and that this was done to make them more
competitive.  I said that I wasn't necessarily making the "America First"
argument, but rather suggesting that wherever the support person was located
didn't matter as long as they were fluent in my native tongue - English.  I
further pointed out that lots of IS professionals had the same complaint with
Dell.  She then said most people were very happy with Dell's tech support.  I
suggested that she attempt to call the regular tech support number that the
rest of us use to see how bad it is.

While she was polite and our conversation was cordial, I don't think I made any
headway.