Rob Dixon wrote:

I have used Norton Ghost (part of Norton Systemworks) for this sort of thing. With Ghost you make a bootable diskette

Thanks for your help. Does this mean that I have to carry my diskette drive with me when I am away from the office? I was hoping to avoid that.

Yes.

The first laptop took me all day. The other 5 took 30-40 minutes apiece. Quite a time saver.

That soiunds good. How did you get everything from one laptop to the other ?

After the first laptop was working correctly, I used Ghost to burn a set of CDs. Then I used Ghost to copy those CDs onto the hard drive(s) of the other laptops. This only worked because they were all identical. If we were to buy another laptop now (6 months or so later) that same set of CDs might not work because of internal hardware differences. Even though it would be the same 'make' and 'model' laptop.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.