Thanks to everyone's help, I am slowly recovering from my hard disk failure.

However, in Operations Manager I can only see output queues - no IFS. I cannot map a network drive.

I have added a network place called erros (my server name) for \\erros\foldername.

But when I try to open it, I get
"\\erros\foldername is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. ......"

I did a search for a computer erros and XP Pro found it in Entire Network. When I right click on erros and open the containing folder, erros is not shown but can be found by clicking on Client Access Network which does appear in Entire Network

If I try to open erros, it asks me to log on to the AS/400 and then shows me my output queues only on the AS/400 as in operations manager.

My LMHOSTS.SAM file is in C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and contains

nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn erros

I have checked the IP address several times and am sure that it is correct.

If I attempt to map a network drive to \\erros\folder name

I get

"The drive could not be mapped because no network was found"

Yet I am already logged on to the AS/400.

I wonder if it is a registry problem

Using the same AS/400 user id on an old Win95 PC, I have no problems so I do not feel that it is an AS/400 problem

If you have any ideas, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Rob Dixon