From: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Date: Friday, August 29, 2003 2:09:07 PM
To: pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [PcTech] IE Browser 'back' button broken

Mark Villa wrote:

"The Microsoft Script Debugger installs here, you may have it.
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Script Debugger\msscrdbg.exe"
It can be downloaded.
It allows you to observe/identify any running scripts."

Thanks - I downloaded the script debugger and fired it up. It appears that
the only scripts that are running are ours. I started from our Intranet home
page and went to Google. Then I set the debugger to "break at the next
statement" and clicked the 'back' button multiple times. Nothing. I remained
on the Google site and could see nothing in the call stack, IE was the only
running document, nothing.

"A combination of :
Spybot Search & destroy and AD-AWARE tells a lot about what is on your
system that should not be there."

Downloaded these two (I use them at home but not at work - we're 'protected'
here, you know!) and found 7 reg entries/files. Quarantined all 7 - no joy.

Thanks,

Steve