Walden, Walden, calm down! Keep things in perspective here.

These are civil issues. The License Agreement should, and I suspect does,
speak to the issue of unauthorized use. This is in the category of patent
infringement, not paying your rent on time, inadvertently bouncing a check,
and speeding. There's fees, fines, and penalties for all of those, yet there
is no crime involved,

For it to be criminal there has to be evidence of intent to do a criminal
activity. Were they copying CDs and selling them? Were they delivering truck
loads of CDs to small shops across the country? Did they sponsor a warez
site? Before they are accused of crimes there ought to be more evidence than
a few PCs with unauthorized software. There'd better be evidence of piracy
or some other crime.

My own reaction is that they have an excellent case for suing BSA for libel.
I hope they do pursue it and prevail.

Booth Martin http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx