AH! That is what I was after....So I'll add /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/tools/bin to my path to get bash back and then re-install the freeware.

Thanks.

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/petehelgren
Twitter - Sys_i_Geek IBM_i_Geek

On 10/13/2016 6:09 PM, Kevin Adler wrote:
Hey Pete, usually the Perzl and OPS stuff plays nice since they're in
separate paths.

Perzl stuff installs to /opt/freeware/bin with symlinks in /usr/bin to
/opt/freeware/bin:

$ ls -l /usr/bin/bash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 kadler 0 54 May 05 2014 /usr/bin/bash ->
../../opt/freeware/bin/bash

Whereas OPS stuff installs to some subdirectory under
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS. For many of the options, we will install a
symlink in to /QOpenSys/usr/bin:

$ ls -l /QOpenSys/usr/bin/python3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 qsys 0 98 Mar 23 2016
/QOpenSys/usr/bin/python3 ->
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/Python3.4/bin/python3

However, we never mess with /opt/freeware or /usr.

Newer options like Git and Tools do not even put symlinks to
/QOpenSys/usr/bin, but instead live under
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/tools/bin. You can just add this to your path
to use them all. We do this because there may exist already some AIX tools
with the same name in /QOpenSys/usr/bin (tar, iconv, ...). I have
documented how to change the PATH to get the tools (as well as make it
permanent) here
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/Tools

FYI, we're gonna make this much easier in a future PASE update. The tools
and /opt/freeware bin directories will automatically be added to your PATH
(if it exists) from SSH connections. :)

"OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/13/2016
05:38:57 PM: