That information was necessary to get npm to work prior to IBM delivering
Python 2 support in OPS. I don't think it's very useful anymore.

"OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/05/2016
04:42:09 AM:

From: Kevin Turner <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/05/2016 04:42 AM
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] Latest node installation woes
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I think the answer must be "no".

-----Original Message-----
From: OpenSource [mailto:opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kevin Turner
Sent: 05 October 2016 10:31
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The link provided to Alan Seiden's website mentions the following
step as being important:

Once PTF SI58604 is installed, node should be usable on the command
line. However, without Python working properly, node modules will
not be usable. So, to get BASH, Python, and Git up and running all
at once, run:
$ cd /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/GCC
$ ./pkg_setup.sh pkg_perzl_git-1.8.5.4.lst

Would that still be necessary? Are we really saying that manual
install steps are still required to get node.js to work even with
the latest version of 5733OPS?

My OP issue is still not resolved by the way, so 5733SC1 is going to
be reinstalled as a first step.

[https://www.netcracker.com/assets/img/netcracker-social-final.png]
ƕ -----Original Message-----