That's where my PATH comments are coming from. Specifically, if perzl stuff
was run immediately previous to "node -v" could it effect it if both were
going after libcrypto.a?

On Oct 3, 2016 5:49 PM, "Kevin Adler" <kadler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/03/2016
07:02:06 AM:

From: Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/03/2016 07:02 AM
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] Latest node installation woes
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Further to Robert's comments, you should also run the
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/Node4/bin/nodeenv.sh(n1) shell script which
will set the symlinks in /QOpenSys/usr/bin.

n1 - More info here: http://bit.ly/developerWorks-node-v4

Concerning why it bombs on libcrypto.a, that many times is because of a
conflict with perzl stuff. Remove /opt/freeware/bin from PATH and see
if
that allows it to continue. If you need perzl stuff in your path then
that's a longer conversation to fix it.

PATH doesn't matter for finding libraries (only binaries). Only LIBPATH
would matter in this case (don't set LIBPATH unless you know what you're
doing).

Also, it appears you're using Node
v.0.12.x(/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/Node/bin/node). IBM has alluded giving
that an EndOfLife, time to move on to Node
v4.x(/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/Node4/bin/node).

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i