If I live through it, it goes to MCPress mid-month (like, in a week!) but I really don't know how long it will take for them to "refine" my caveman style of writing. They said they want to publish before the end of the year. I am close to working in panic mode now and getting correct documentation and the example code working has been my biggest issue.

If I have learned anything, it is that correct documentation and working examples are key in making the whole OSS experience fun rather than a drudgery. Programmers are great at taking something that works and running with it. The first "getting it running" step is the hardest (IMHO).

Plan is to leverage the whole experience and get going on a set of briefer "how to's" and code samples that are similar across languages so the similarities and differences in implementation can be seen and experienced. Not *quite* sure, yet, what form that will take.

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/petehelgren