The table of PTF's mapping to which option was helpful but what kept me out of the weeds (or would have) was the Group PTF that just covered all of it. Yeah, someone who could ONLY install one option will be at a disadvantage. I like the idea of informational prompts and it could be similar in functionality as the "Accept License Agreements" step. If an option is driven by a PTF then a prompt that comes up and says:

5733OPS Option 4

Python Runtime PTF SI59035 2.7.11
ibm_db will require PTF SI60567 2.0.5.4
itoolkit will require PTF SI60568 1.2

It doesn't have to download the PTF's automatically (that would be nice) but at least an informational prompt, like the "Accept License Agreements" screen or something along those lines as a *reminder* to those of us in the "PTF Letter non-readers club" that other downloads are needed would be helpful.

All good stuff here. One way or another we'll make this easier so that the Jon Paris' of the world can do it in their sleep..... ;-)

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/petehelgren