Hi Kevin,

Yes, I am using gmake v4.1

Btw, I was able to get hiredis compiled/installed after getting
libstdc++devel installed (see below). I am not sure where the "virtual
memory exhausted" error is coming from. Mine was done in a Litmis Space.
If you create a Litmis Space (Node.js flavor) then email me with your Space
GUID and I will copy the necessary extra things into it and you can compile
your own hiredis and then SFTP it to your own machine.

% npm install hiredis
-

hiredis@0.5.0 install /home/USR2L6RU/junk/node_modules/hiredis

node-gyp rebuild
gmake: Entering directory
'/home/USR2L6RU/junk/node_modules/hiredis/build'.8.3/include

CC(target) Release/obj.target/hiredis-c/deps/hiredis/sds.o

CC(target) Release/obj.target/hiredis-c/deps/hiredis/read.o

../deps/hiredis/read.c: In function 'chrtos':

../deps/hiredis/read.c:78:9: warning: implicit declaration of function
'snprintf' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

len = snprintf(buf,size,"\"\\%c\"",byte);

^

../deps/hiredis/read.c:78:15: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function 'snprintf' [enabled by default]

len = snprintf(buf,size,"\"\\%c\"",byte);

^

../deps/hiredis/read.c: In function '__redisReaderSetErrorProtocolByte':

../deps/hiredis/read.c:100:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function 'snprintf' [enabled by default]

snprintf(sbuf,sizeof(sbuf),

^

AR(target) Release/obj.target/deps/hiredis-c.a

COPY Release/hiredis-c.a

CXX(target) Release/obj.target/hiredis/src/hiredis.o

CXX(target) Release/obj.target/hiredis/src/reader.o

SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/obj.target/hiredis.node

COPY Release/hiredis.node

gmake: Leaving directory '/home/USR2L6RU/junk/node_modules/hiredis/build'

hiredis@0.5.0 node_modules/hiredis

├── bindings@1.2.1

└── nan@2.4.0

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Kevin Turner <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>