From: Midrange-NonTech [mailto:midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 2:11 PM
To: 'Non-Technical Discussion about the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)'
Subject: RE: Would you recommend a career in IT to a young person?

I had the same issue Rob did.  Now that I see the real article, I think it
is written to achieve a specific goal rather than relate honest facts.

That said, absolutely I would recommend computer technology in its various
forms to anyone.  IT has the ability to be creative, logical, and responsive
and many other adjectives all at one time.  Bad management, guess what, ask
the Wall Street firms about that, sadly it's everywhere.

Get on with the real world, find a vocation you like to do and do it.  For
me, I love playing with all the really expensive toys others buy me to play
with.  The fact that they have to make money with these systems does not
change my enjoyment of playing with the really cool toys.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect