On 4/30/2014 5:30 PM, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
<snip>
I think it's a shame that there is no native green-screen editor for the i
that you can customize like Xedit...
</snip>

Actually you can extend SEU by writing your own options in a very similar
way to Xedit.

Having written Rexx macros for Xedit as well as line commands for SEU I
would not really equate the two. Here is a pretty simple SEU exit
program to add PSDS to an RPG source member:

http://iprodeveloper.com/site-files/iprodeveloper.com/files/archive/iprodeveloper.com/artarchiveimages/2000/may/7116-fig3.htm

It needs to be compiled before use, unlike a Rexx or Lisp macro which is
interpreted. That's huge when you're debugging your macro.

But a better question at this point is why. SEU is dead
for anything other than systems stuff (quick CLP and the
like) anyway. I usually use RDi for CL now if it's more
than a two line change or more CL
code than fits on one screen.

It looks like a new command is coming down the pike to edit CLPs. I saw
it in the 7.2 Memo to Users but I'll be darned if I can remember the
name of the thing now.

SEU is dead.
--buck