On 5/31/13 3:57 PM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't know all the facts.
---
This says it all. There's too much judgment based on an inadequate consideration of the bigger factors that feed this.

We have all been hit by the fact that companies have been bringing overseas developers by remote into the equation even as they refuse to let their local employees work from home.

There is lots that goes into this equation, but professionals in some fields like IT are more vulnerable than others to the booms and busts that come from Federal Reserve policies inflicting whiplash on the economy, and to the strangulation of oppressive regulatory and taxation schemes that make business ownership and growth more difficult than any other time in U.S. history.

Governments did NOT "make railroads possible" across the continent, but companies following the model of Taggart Transcontinental.

A truly free market economy is capable of producing transcontinental railroads, steam engines, cell phones. Government enforced monopolies and interference in markets (like the Fed's interest rate price-fixing monopoly and now healthcare intereference), including labor markets (labor and immigration law) always makes things much worse, bit by bit.

And then the eggheads that know how to move us around like economic chess pieces and "fix inequality" with stuff like that turn around and tell us we didn't do everything they told us to do.

Notice I didn't even mention the national ID they've been trying to get passed in the U.S. for decades and opposed by all sides of political opinion. They are now giving it traction through the back door with a proposal to require an ID for all employment.

Maybe it was determined that it was easier to teach the new person IBM i stuff than continuing to bang you head against the wall trying to teach the other guy to stop chanting "if it isn't green, it isn't a screen".

Rob Berendt