We are preparing to replace our 520s at v5R3M5. New systems will run 6.1.
We don't generally upgrade the OS while we're running on a system, because
we outgrow the systems by the end of the lease, and don't want the
downtime for the OS upgrade.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express

MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/19/2008 08:44 AM
Please respond to
Non-Technical Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries
<midrange-nontech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Midrange non-tech list, " <midrange-nontech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
POWER 6, V5R4, and 6.1

Just an informal survey. We're getting ready to upgrade our V5R3 720 to a

new POWER 6 system. Has anyone else done this and did you go to V5R4 or
6.1? If anyone has additional insight on this would, that also be
welcome.

Thanks,
Michael Quigley
Computer Services