Joe Pluta wrote:
I suspect it's because the EGL Cafe isn't really a business application - it's a forum. EGL is designed to write business applications. Sort of the same reason doesn't run on a midrange...

A forum is web application to access a database of messages (obviously this is greatly over simplified). I _think_ the software they are using (written by Jive Software, same company that writes the open source jabber server I use) uses MySQL as it's back end database.

And, FWIW, if I had the time and inclination ... I suspect I could write a list processor and archiving system that ran on an i. runs on Linux because there I had the hardware to run it on and software was available to do exactly what I need.

My point is: It would be a great proof of concept (and validation of utility) if the EGL Cafe were written in EGL.