On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Crump, Mike
<Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This company has a very interesting business model for certain SAP and
Windows technologies....

They look like a normal IT outsourcing company to me. Except they
don't call it outsourcing ;) I'm not sure if they do ASP/SaaS or not,
i couldn't find that information on the website.

Are you looking for IT Outsourcing or using ASP/SaaS?

Is anyone aware of a company that performs this way in the IBM
technologies?

We recently launched an ASP/SaaS Offering based on the IBM i operating
system, together with our ERP application. Our target with this is the
Small Business market though, those who can't afford to buy their own
IBM Power machine (and the associated costs).

We do not have an LPAR per Customer, because of the high cost - the
security is provided using the operating system security functions
plus additional checks from our applications (so that customers only
see their own printers etc.).

we are considering is finding different sources. If there isn't a
company like this in the IBM technologies do other companies have good
experiences with smaller companies or stand alone developers who might
not have the unfortunate overhead?

Full Outsourcing can only be handled by larger companies (Economies of
Scale). As such, it will probably be impossible to find a small and
neat company that provides you everything for a flat flee. And the
larger a company gets, the more inefficient they become, and the more
likely they can afford to have stupid people on staff.

In Switzerland, we have a saying that goes like this "Me cha nid
beides ha, dr Füfer und ds Weggli" ("You can't have 5 Cent and a piece
of bread").