From: midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 9:35 AM
To: Non-Technical Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Solving World Hunger with the System i and
maybehelpingtheplatform

Maybe it helps promote use of our system by whatever name, but my
experience with comcast makes me leary of any cable company as to ethics.

<rant>
When they bought up ATT roadrunner here, they showed themselves to be
lying, intimidating @$#(&$s. I still have such disgust for the way
they handled us customers. Tried to force us to install some stinking
call-home app (would not tell us what it REALLY did) app on our
machines by saying that if we didn't, our email would not work after
the cut-over. I know better - but most of the innocent naifs out
there don't. I did get a tech finally to agree - I mean, the linux
users had to be able to get email, eh?

Comcast (I know, not Time-Warner) have had really bad reputations in
several communities. I use them cuz I have no choice - DSL will not
work here - old copper and all. I'd be on DSL and satellite TV in a
trice if I could get it.
</rant>