From: midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:57 PM
To: Non-Technical Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Solving World Hunger with the System i and maybe
helpingtheplatform

On Jan 17, 2008 8:43 AM, Paul Nelson <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You might want to remove CompUSA. I think they're out of business.

Crap. I still have a $25 gift card. They wouldn't let me use it when they
closed the local stores around here. The closest
as-of-this-writing-still-open store is an hour away, and I have no pending
plans to otherwise make a trip that way. So...

How about this? I'll send this gift card to the first one of you that
requests it, on the promise that you'll make a $25 donation to some
charitable organization that helps to solve "world hunger". I'd suggest the
Salvation Army, but I'd leave it to the recipient to make the decision.
According to the compusa.com website, responding to a question of whether
the gift card could be used online, "CompUSA Gift Cards were designed for
retail store use only. We recommend you visit one of the CompUSA retail
stores to redeem your Gift Card."
- Dan