Type ahead finding is now a Standard Web 2.0 feature, but when
we started out this was in 2001. In the end, a Thicker Client was the
only way to get a well integrated application.

In 2001... true enough. But it's now 2008, as you say, things have come
a long way. As for the integration, we've got web apps that generate
word documents w/filled-in data all the time. SPS is not needed.
Although the save-in-place is a nice feature and something we're looking
at WebDAV for. Dumping to Excel is also a breeze over the net.

-Walden