On 11/22/07, Gordon Mott <gordon.mott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since when? Show me a color overlay you want, show me what printer
you want it on,

The AFP Printer driver
(http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psd1P4000187) does not
convert colors correctly.

Yes, you could use Infoprint Designer, which does work. But hey, tell
that to our customers that they have to buy an 8000CHF software just
for some fancy invoices.

Our you could use tiff2afp, which is free if you have 5722-IP1. But
hey, try generating PDFs from the Color Overlays on a baseline model
270, model 800. (Takes 5-10 Minutes).

I know a guy that has to create postscript code in the program itself,
in order to get halfway decent output.
Dear God. Seriously. You make it sound like he's coding it in assembly.

It is. There is no need for manually generating printing code, which
won't work depending on the printer model etc. That's the job of your
Framework/Operating System. The System i currently does not provide a
modern printing infrastructure.

There are no limitations in iSeries boxes which cannot be overcome. The only
limitations are in the programmers which sit in front of them.

Yes, but this statement is true for any platform.