Try this scenario....

Plant engineers want a preventative maintenance system.

Option A - license and implement green screen based package that is
integrated with existing purchasing system.
Option B - Buy a completely new package that is not integrated.

Engineers prefer Option B.

Why?

Because it is a GUI application.

Ok. What do you need this GUI to do?

Blink. Blink. Tumbleweed passes by. Cricket chirps. Blink. Blink.
I need a GUI....I want to cut and paste.

Ok. You know you can do that with the green screen application?

Blink. Blink. I need a GUI.

Now you can start the whole discussion thread about what apps have good
GUI's and all of that but it kind of misses the main point. This was 5+
years ago and the GUI application wasn't that good. Still isn't. But
they have their GUI......

Michael Crump

Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN 47302
765.741.7696
765.741.7012 f

Dysfunction
The only consistent feature in all of your dissatisfying relationships
is you.
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Saint-Gobain. If it did, it would be
folded, mutilated, watered down, politically corrected, and would show
up a week later if at all. If you are not the intended recipient of
this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them,
nor must you copy or show them to anyone.
error.