Joe

From: Paul Nelson

Those kids should get a degree in a business related field, and then go
into
IT if they are so inclined. It's a whole lot easier to teach an accountant
to program than it is to teach a computer science grad how to prepare a
balance sheet or to perform a physical inventory the right way.

From: Dan

One aspect that I hear about frequently is that we're not seeing enough
computer programming graduates. Is it possible that kids see what has
happened to the job market? Why the h*ll would any kid spend four years
in college to earn a degree s/he can't use?