Joe Pluta wrote:
Subject: RE: It's election time for COMMON again. He's baaaaaaaaaaack.

Anyway, I won't spend further time on this. I've given up on COMMON, and if
its ranking members think it makes sense to put a man on the board whose
primary goal in life is reducing American employment, then it's clear I am
absolutely right in so doing.

Sorry, Trevor, but I agree with Joe.

After my consulting company cratered (partially because of the dot-com bust, but also because my clients started replacing my guys with cheap Indian labor because of "worker shortages"), I gave up on COMMON - I didn't have the money or time to spend on it any more.

And that is very sad, because I could have been a substantial contributor to the organization.

Norm Matloff has very eloquently fought the battle against cheap (NON-immigrant) foreign labor now for over a decade, while being called a protectionist, racist, and xenophobe. I'm ok being in the boat with him, because I know he's not, and neither am I.

There is no shortage of qualified technical workers in America - only a shortage of those willing to work for next to nothing. I laid off over 100 programmers from 1999 to 2004, and most of them left the field while American corporations were replacing them with H-1B workers at half their salary.

And that's all I'll say about this thread.

Regards,
Steve