   The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) just released some reports,
   correspondence and testimonies, regarding things the US Congress has asked
   them to look into:  One of the topics is of great interest to this list.
   Be warned, I been following the process for some time.  GAO & IG
   (Inspector Generals) have to hit Congress in the head with a 2 by 4 many
   many times before action is taken to correct the flaws they find.

     Personal Information: Key Federal Privacy Laws Do Not Require
     Information Resellers to Safeguard All Sensitive Data.  GAO-06-674, June
     26.
     http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-06-674
     Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d06674high.pdf

     Internet Infrastructure:  DHS Faces Challenges in Developing a Joint
     Public/Private Recovery Plan.  GAO-06-672, June 16.
     http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-06-672
     Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d06672high.pdf

     Internet Infrastructure:  Challenges in Developing a Public/Private
     Recovery Plan, by David A. Powner, director, information technology, and
     Keith Rhodes, chief technologist, before the Subcommittee on Federal
     Financial Management, Government Information, and International
     Security, Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental
     Affairs.  GAO-06-863T, July 28.
     http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-06-863T
     Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d06863thigh.pdf

     Freedom of Information Act:  Preliminary Analysis of Processing Trends
     Shows Importance of Improvement Plans, by Linda D. Koontz, director,
     information management, before the Subcommittee on Government
     Management, Finance, and Accountability, House Committee on Government
     Reform.  GAO-06-1022T, July 26.
     http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-06-1022T
     Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d061022thigh.pdf

     Order printed copies of any of these items from GAO:
     202-512-6000 (voice)
     202-512-2537 (TDD)
     202-512-6061 (fax).

     Members of the press may request copies from the Office of Public
     Affairs, 202-512-4800.

   The GAO is constantly coming out with stuff like this on every subject
   imaginable ... go to their web site to search for other topics that
   interest you. http://www.gao.gov.

   I personally won't have time to study this information right away, since I
   extremely busy with end-fiscal month which is a physical inventory month,
   and I have had requested of me new software for about a dozen new type
   reports in the last week, most of them critical.

   -
   Al Mac AKA Alister Wm. Macintyre