I believe it was designed that way - I had to ask at the COMMON Headquarters
desk after I failed to sign in with my newly created user id.  I was told
that the user id was what would display when I was signed in, but I had to
sign in with my COMMON user id and password.

I am not sure how this community will fly, as I don't know how many
communities people are willing to watch for messages.  I know that I already
have information overload from the midrange.com lists I am subscribed to,
and only occasionally look at the others I am subscribed to.  I really don't
see how some of the more verbose posters have time to post, and do their
jobs as well!  <VBG>