Steve, no, it's not enough, you need a monthly contract like SupportLine, which basically is now bundled with Software Subscription as Software Maintenance.

Even then you need to go to your "unified" IBM user ID and go through some machine updates. And you may need to do some kind of recognition thing the first time at the Regiestered KB. Once that's done, however, it's pretty smooth.

BTW, you have this if you can enter PMRs that are just questions - not defect only.

Vern

At 09:24 PM 1/13/2004 -0600, you wrote:
Thanks, Tom...

How do you gain access to this site in the first place?  Does a Software
Subscription agreement qualify?

Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Liotta" <qsrvbas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-nontech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 8:44 PM
Subject: IBM site access

> AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
>
> I just made another futile attempt to visit an IBM site that I hadn't
looked at since my last futile attempt --- The _Registered_ Software
Knowledge Base.

> Don't ask me why I thought it would be any easier to get in there now than
it was months ago; I have no idea what form of insanity warped my sense of
reality.

> Suffice to say I never actually got to a point of searching for specific
info. I went through far too many logins and required profile updates and
profile configurations to even care if I eventually got in.

> I just closed the blasted browser window, drained of any desire to find an
answer. Right now, I just want to rant for a minute.