Trust me I am well aware of the risks involved with this.....we estimated
two years ago that the cost would be $35 million and 18 months.  Now our
CFO claims that we can do it for $8 to $15 and be done in 12.............

:-)

If it wasn't for the SAP experience I think I would get the heck out of
Dodge......

One major factor to help simplify the process and reduce some of the risk
is to keep it on the right platform....so anyone what knows of a $800m or
higher company that is using SAP on the iSeries would be greatly
appreciated.  IBM references aren't worth a nickel at this time......

                      pnelson@xxxxxxxxx

                      m                        To:       Non-Technical
Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries
                                                <midrange-nontech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      12/01/2003 04:29         cc:

                      PM                       bcc:

                      Please respond to        Subject:  Re: SAP

                      Non-Technical

                      Discussion about

                      the AS400 /

                      iSeries

I recall a story that was told to me by the owner of a large homebuilder
(4,000 homes per year) about a bigger homebuilder that put in SAP. Three
years and $35 million into the project, they were still not running
"live".

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978  Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of
others are often stiffened." ~~ Billy Graham

"Roger Vicker, CCP" <rv-lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/01/2003 03:08 PM
Please respond to Non-Technical Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries